Looking to join our team? Below is a listing of the latest job opportunities with Sheldon Precision. New opportunities are always being added.
SWISS SCREW TECHNICIAN
Set up and operate Escomatic Swiss Screw Machines to produce precision machined components applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, layouts, control plans, and machining procedures.
- • Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and optical comparators.
- • Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials (i.e. coil stock) onto machines, adhering to all training/safety rules.
- • Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process.
- • Machine parts to blue print specifications.
- • Set up, adjust, and use all of the basic machine tools and many specialized or advanced variation of tools to perform precision machining operations.
- • Measure, examine, and test completed components to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments (i.e. gages) and following SPC guidelines and ISO/TS16949.
- • Maintain appropriate industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures.
- • Observe and listen to operating machines or equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions and to determine need for adjustments or repairs.
- • Experience working in a machine shop environment
- • Set up and operate machines
- • Ability to hold tight tolerances
- • Experience reading blue prints
- • Experience with Swiss screw machining
- • Good math skills
This position is full time, offers a competitive wage, affordable healthcare benefits, and a 401(k), profit sharing bonus. To be considered for this position, submit your resume using the application form accessible below.
Sheldon Precision, LLC manufactures, markets, and distributes precision components serving the medical, electrical, military, and firearms industries. Sheldon Precision, LLC is a privately held company located in Prospect, CT and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.